Sunday, January 2, 2011

Go Tell it on the Mountain

This video is both challenging and convicting:

This video was shown at church a couple weeks back.

Penn is an atheist that has his own talk show. He believes there is no God. This video was made after he received some genuine compliments and a bible from a man who follows Christ.  He makes a very powerful argument for the importance of telling people about what you believe to be truth. Listen to what he has to say.



 
“If you believe there is a heaven and hell and people could be going to hell or not getting eternal life or whatever. And you think that uh.. well its not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward…How much do you have to HATE someone, to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them about it.”

Convicting eh? I claim to love people, but so often I fail to share the truth that has transformed my life and filled me with joy, hope, peace, and purpose. I have a story. A life changed by grace.  People have a desire for purpose and truth. Oh how I need to tell them the truth that I know.

2 comments:

  1. I have never thought about that concept before. After I saw that video for the first time, it changed how I looked at my own personal ministry. Keep posting things like this, the Lord did work through you posting this video.

    -Andrew P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew,

    Thanks for the encouragement man! I'm glad it encouraged and challeneged you as much as it did me.

    ReplyDelete