Sunday, September 5, 2010

High Socks and Simple Thoughts

The name of my blog comes from the fact that I enjoy wearing high socks. Black or white Nike athletic socks. They make me happy. In fact when I see other people around campus wearing high socks I feel immediately bonded with them. The first thought that runs through my mind is, “Wow! Now that person is cool. They defiantly know what they’re doing.” I feel like a pioneer. I think I am lucky to have discovered this look before my other peers. They may think its weird now, but they’ll remember me when they pull on those tall socks by their bed sides in a year or two. The tall sock gang and I have made it our own and it looks good. I’ve gotten various comments from people. Some strangers yell, “nice socks” (they were genuine I could tell) and some friends laugh. Nonetheless I go on wearing these high socks.

I didn’t start this blog to talk about goofy fashion statements though, rather I started the blog to write about the things of my life and the simple thoughts that I think. Simple doesn’t mean dumb by any means; it simply means that they are quite basic when you really think about it. A lot of times we overlook the simple. I chose to make this blog so I could write about things that make me happy like tall socks. Or things that make me laugh like awkward social norms. But most importantly I chose to write this blog so that I could speak about the passion that supplies me with joy eternally; namely a relationship with Christ and the hope that He provides me each day.

I hope you enjoy the blogs. That some make you laugh. That you are encouraged by others. And that I may speak the truth as God teaches me His truth.


John 3:30: “He must become greater; I must become less.”

2 comments:

  1. I love the title! Can't wait to be inspired by you simple thoughts! You are definitely a Godly man who likes to ponder about life! Looking forward to hearing what is in your heart. I will always be your biggest fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not going to lie man. I enjoy a good pair of simple socks

    ReplyDelete